Friday, September 01, 2006

Howdy Everybody

Tags: [Digital Geist Online]

Alright, so I'm going to come out of my shell a little here and introduce myself. My name is Alex K, I'm the main force behind a live-pa act named Digital Geist. My website's located here: Digital Geist . com While I collaborate with someone live the rest of the project is in my hands, from artwork to studio production to promotion and booking to merchandise and sales, etc etc etc. It's a one-man effort for the most part. And quite hard work I might add. There's a ton of work that goes into the money shot that ends up being the live performance, and a ton of work afterwards (not just loading in and loading out). I'll do my best to provide a view for the outsider or the person that is a live-pa enthusiast that might not be too savvy on how to get into it.

First off, take my words for what they are - my opinion should carry about that much weight - it's mine and it most likely won't be yours. ;)

Here's a picture of me at a show we did in Toronto last week:



See the pasty guy on the left with his tongue lolling and a look on his face like a mongoloid that just saw a gallon of chocolate milk nearby? That's me.

I suppose that'll do it for right now, just an introduction before I start rolling with articles. My first article will be about making a jump from the "bedroom hobbyist" to establishing yourself as a legitimate business entity. Scary stuff for the partygoer I'm sure, but if you want to go all the way, the best way to do it is to do it right when you first start out!

Thanks for your time and I'll get cracking soon!

1 comment:

J. Wells said...

See the pasty guy on the left with his tongue lolling and a look on his face like a mongoloid that just saw a gallon of chocolate milk nearby? That's me.

Every now and then, I read something and say to myself 'damn, I wish I'd written that!'